Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CWS: A Vacation Cure For "The Blind Date."

Some Men have Photographic Memories, Others Just Don't have Memory Cards

by Becky Kénaan

Not too long ago, I was visiting with my parents.  During our conversation, the same ugly topic arose once again.  My Mom asked, "So, Becky dear, have you been seeing any interesting boys lately? 

Okay...I am definitely ready to run away to a fun-filled vacation spot here in Second Life with you AGAIN (after that comment). But this time I will take a few people with me and call it a guided tour instead -  Definitely NO blind dates on this trip!  You know, I am so fed up with the whole blind date scene & ritual, btw.. I have been on so many blind dates that I should be getting a free seeing-eye dog out of the whole deal!  Pfft! And dating is so tiring anyway....At least Eve scored on her first date.  Oh, wait?  She didn't have many choices did she?  Was it the Ape or the Man? Hmmm? 

You know that I have dated so many men now that I can list them under all of the basic food groups: a real turkey; a lazy couch potato, a skinny little string bean, a fruit, a big loaf, and a few mixed nuts.

My last blind date was arranged by none other than my sweet Mom who set me up with him.  Ok.... This was HORRIBLE!!! Neither me nor my blind date talked to each other or anything before meeting up for this so called "date." We were just instructed by the arranging parties to meet at a certain place in the mall and then go from there. I didn't like the arrangement, but she was so excited about it that I couldn't say no. And she told me that he was very handsome, but a little shy. He was apparently the son of one of her girlfriends at the gym that she frequents.  Guilt drove me to accept my fate.
I was looking for a Prince and I instead found Mr. Burger King

I met him at the Mall (thinking that he was going to take me out for a nice dinner and then to see this great movie that I had been dying to see (that was actually showing there at the Mall Theatre).   Bless Mom's heart for telling him about the movie, I thought to myself.  Well...That never happened!!!....He took me to Burger King instead!  Ha!  And THAT was the full extent AND end of my freakin' date!  He wasn't the deepest of thinkers and his elevator definitely did NOT go to the top floor! I think he must have had the brain of a single-celled amoeba.  He finished his cheeseburger, wolfed down his fries and then thanked me for seeing him. 

The funny thing was that there were some great restaurants at this mall.  Thinking that he was going to take me to one of these, I wore something very chic for him (not knowing that I was going to end up at a fast food place). Well, after watching him eat, I nodded and then scurried away (and saw my movie anyway - You know, "When Life gives you Lemons, you of course make Lemonade").  The next time I came back to visit and see my Mom, I told her that I went out for dinner with him and then saw a movie. I told her that he was nice but wasn't my type.  



So, the next time you go out on a date, just remember the "Cheeseburger Principle." Even if you don't eat much meat, but you fear that the nice aroma of that burger might entice you to grab it away from him and take a bite - DO NOT!  Men are like Cheeseburgers - They can be inviting.... But you have to choose very wisely to make sure that your particular date is within your vision of interest for any potential long term relationship. So don't flirt with him and take that first flirtatious bite, unless he directs his interests to you and can make a reasonable good first impression by taking you out somewhere appropriate for the first time.  Nothing extravagant either- But a simple dinner reservation says that he has put some thought into it as well. First dates are for getting acquainted and not the food. Just remember to NEVER let him take you to Burger King!!!


If THIS is Your Boyfriend's Idea of a Resort Get-Away, Run!!
You work hard for a living, you are completely stressed out, and besides you haven't had a vacation in years. So let's pack our sun screen and go out and get a tan! The beaches and cute boutique shops here in SL are the answers to all your problems. 

Just forget about all of the Wrongs by Men (WBM) for the time being, find some nice outfits to pack, then take off for another pleasure-filled vacation excursion and find a Second Life place where we can sip on our strawberry margaritas and put our toes in the water!  Yummy!


OMG! This Guy Needs to Floss...So Rank!

Sight-Seeing at Las Islas With Dino ~ My Big Ape Blind Date
Before we leave for our next Travel Spotlight, I feel that it is important to also add that most travel is best appreciated either when we are anticipating leaving or remembering it afterwards -  But in reality, the event of traveling has more to do with losing your luggage coming or going! Ha! 

With that said, there is no problem here in SL with the luggage thingy - Your clothing  just simply goes back into your inventory! I decided to carry mine along anyway just for the look (HA!)  Also, for my B'wuana Cruise Travels, PLEASE, do NOT bring your passports along either!  If you look anything like your passport photo, you are too ill to travel! LOL

Also, remember that, when preparing to travel (regardless of RL or SL), you will need to  organize your clothes and think about how much money you want to spend. The B'wuana Becky "Tip of the Day" is to bring your sexiest bikini with you, twice the money you were originally considering to shop with, and then stop at Diamond Style for some of your vacation clothing needs first before boarding B'wuana Becky's Cruise Lines. Their prices are very reasonable and they have great stuff too!  Go there and check out the store - That way you won't need to pawn your stuff with the Old Man, Rick, Cory, or ChumLee at the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop. HA!!


Pssst!!  Don't Tell the Steward About this PLEASE!
Well, I decided to dress in somewhat of a more casual outfit to express a relaxed look without showing any signs of my "A" type personality while onboard the ship. Don't you just LOVE these smart looking wool stockings that I got from Diamond Style!! And, OMG, I was able to pack so much into this suitcase that I got from Christy and Cristal's Diamond Style Store as well.  I hope that they don't mind that I punctured a few holes in the top of it so that I could smuggle in a few sandwiches and my adorable Chi Phoebe onboard - Phoebe is the goddess of the moon, who protects me, and is suspicious of everyone (especially men).

Port of Arrival ~  The Island of Armenelos


OMG!!! THERE IS NO FREAKIN' WAY THAT I AM GOING TO CARRY THIS LUGGAGE UP TO MY ROOM!! (Oh... Wait a second...I see a nice man sitting at a table over next door at the Dolphin Cafe...Hmmm...and good looking also).  I think that I will just sit for a bit and be my flirtatious self and get some needed assistance. HA!



Well...I'll be? What a gentleman! This nice Greek man that I just met (at The Dolphin Cafe here at the Island of Armenelos) has been so helpful and friendly...AND he has a nice big sailboat that he travels around the world on too!  He wants me to call him Ari Jr. for short.  Such a sweet man!  Ohhhh!  And, he just mentioned (to yours truly) that he just purchased some Island called "Mykonos" from the Greek government for me instead of flowers!  And bless his heart, my luggage is being sent up to my room while we have a few drinks here and discuss world events. 



The architecture here at Las Armeneios is very similar to that found on the Island of Mykonos, Greece.   It is called Cycladic Architecture. Its vernacular is best explained as being derived due in part from the absence of construction materials found on the Island.  It's cubically formed architecture with its modulated shapes and predominantly flat roof structures were designed originally to resist against the strong winds.

Hmmm.. A sinfully romantic hide-away Villa with a built-in church?  It is a good thing that I am not Catholic.
The picturesque whitewashed cubic houses are built into the hillside and along the seafront, almost touching the sea. From its domed structures to its barreled and flat interplaying roofs -The architecture combines so well together with its colorful wooden doors, windows, paintings, sculptures, flowered balconies, and narrow tile-paved walkways.  It is such a delightful place that evokes an abundance of romance and charm. Undeniably one of Second Life's best!  


The Hillside Villas were designed and constructed very close to one another with narrow roads to protect its inhabitants from the wind, and from the pirates. The white walls were intended to reflect heat on those hot summer days.  Although the architecture may seem to appear disorganized or adhoc at first, it however successfully leaves you with the impression as though you are experiencing a glimmering white seaside labyrinth - one complemented by a full array of splendidly vivid colors that at once both creates a sense of harmony and aesthetic continuity which are enchanting and magical to experience.


 Hey Ari!  It's me, Becky!! Up here on the balcony with the candle... The Jacuzzi is almost ready for us!

This one is a very simple read as far as my Beck-O-Meter is concerned - I am definitely getting very extremely high orgasmic sensations for this spot! Four Creamy & Delicious Scoops Way Up (with Chocolate Sprinkles)!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Zig! It's always nice to have a giant ape in my life! Why, I didn't know he could be so romantic either, that big monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I have been excommunicated by the Catholic Church... Some guy by the name of Francis called and left me a message. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny and SOOOO Painfully true ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well maybe the message is a good one never know you could have Fans everywhere.

    ReplyDelete