Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Monday, August 3, 2015

Virtues Which Give Models a Sense of Place & Purpose Here in Second Life

Hello. My name is Becky Kénaan and I am a hobnobberhaulic.


Hobnobberhaulism is a form of severe fawning and obsequiousness
prompted by bouts of severe infatuation over what is not real
here in Second Life. To say the least, there are a boatload
of us here that are addicted to this useless disease.


The definition of hobnobber in the dictionary is someone who hobnobs with other people. In simple terms it means sucking up to people you believe are important in order to try to increase your own influence.


Any closet hobnobber worth his or her salt here in Second Life will get this message. Many unknowing others however will not - for their meaningless social SL climbing IQ is directly and inversely
proportional to their inability to reason between
right and wrong, between myth and reality.



Well, welcome to the mind and to the world of fake celebrity hobnobbers here in Second Life. Yes, you heard me correctly -
“fake celebrities.”  I believe that you know what I am talking
about, and who these people are and how they behave. 


Please don’t misinterpret my message for I sincerely enjoy the modeling and especially the joy that I get out of educating others here in Second Life. I am not bitter about any contests either – just giving myself a reality check in an unreal Second Life World. 


When I first came into SL modeling I was a hobnobber seeking to find my way as a famous celebrity fashion supermodel. Since then, I have matured and become sober to understanding the reality of second life insofar as my senses and directions here are concerned.

 (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, ha!)


This editorial is not about me but rather about what I see
as the ineptness and the ubiquity in and of
the many modeling contests here in Second Life.


It is about the phony baloney form of judging and the hobnobbers whose mantra of purpose here is to base their selections on superficial looks rather than the merit that one brings into this world and the wonderful contributions that people make to it.

This may offend some but I really don’t give a shit about
nor want those types of people any longer in my life.


Basically, unlike real life modeling contests (which btw I have personally experience in), many modeling contests here in SL are almost exclusively based on the illusion in appearance of what a person can create utilizing a 3D avi, a paint brush, and some flair for fashion - instead of what a model should bring in terms of who they really are, what they stand for and their sincere contributions.


These qualities are the true attributes and virtues that
gives a model a sense of place and purpose here. 

I don’t take a penny for my writings about fashion. I do it to as a passion to promote fashion and to educate others.


That is my purpose. I have no hidden agenda. I shoot straight from the hip with people here as I see things – good, bad, or indifferent. 


My biggest gripe about fashion modeling here is the
counterintuitive light in which models are often cast, reviewed, selected and awarded for their looks and NOT so much
for what they really offer to others here.


The modeling artwork created here in Second Life
pales by comparison to the people that have something
substantive here to share. I think that I can speak in behalf of
many models here that can relate to this message.

Thank you Christiane, Nanceee, Orchide, Pussycat, Mika, V, Paris, Giulia, Abby, Marianela and Zaara for adding such beauty to my life.

You girls are the best!

Okay, I will shut up now. I think that I made my point.

"Becky Da' Boop with Da' Scoop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment