Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Evolve Fashion's Black Reality Dress - An Ethnic-Chic, Earthy Tribal Feel.



When contemplating the styling direction for this 
Evolve Fashion Black Reality Dress, 
I did not want to limit this fabulous dress by 
limiting my ideas to just typical hair, shoes, and jewelry. 


Instead, I opened myself up to learn and discover more about 
ethnic african fashion - one full of rich culture that rejoices in the use of bold inspiring colors and patterns.



Drawing from the beauty of an unmasked African woman, 
this dress has a rich, exotic vibe that exudes 
both worldly sophistication and bohemian charm.


Boldly exemplified by it's contrasting ethnic colors of 
red, black, brown, and white, this 
dress possesses a chic, earthy tribal feel. 


An over-the-shoulder single strap bodice possesses an alluringly exotic sense, baring a sun-kissed shoulder. 


It creates a look that is both ethnic-chic and casually sexy. 


To complement the dress, I wore this funky Nagali headwrap. 


Metaphorically, I also wore a tribal tattoo mask to transfigure the masked facial artwork within the dress. I believe that the face on the dress symbolizes the evolutionary behavior away from slavery back to black identity. 


I also paired the dress with wooden jewelry accessories and strappy earthen sandals to complete the worldly look of this fabulous Evolve Fashion Black Reality Dress.


"Becky Da' Boop with Da' Scoop!"


2 comments:

  1. A Wonderful Dress with an interesting subtle design, that speaks volumes to ethnic women. Becky's modeling and overall design choices along with her writing does justice to this lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite contemporary as I have seen faceprints as part of the 2014 Fashion Weeks. I can't remember if it was the WSJ or Business Week or Elle in which I saw the trend reported. It was a recent article.

    A Mickey faceprint: http://blogs.nordstrom.com/fashion/street-report-lana-at-valentino/
    For bold prints: http://blogs.nordstrom.com/fashion/music-festival-fab-eddie-borgo/

    ReplyDelete