Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

CWS Vacation Sushi: A Cure for the Broken Heart


Dating Can Be Such a Lot of Work and Very Confusing

by Becky Kénaan 


From time to time, I enjoy hearing from my readers and providing back sound, meaningful (and juicy) advice on relationships.  I recently received this letter from an Agnes Purtybottom who wrote the following:
"Dear Becky Boop: 
Oh My Gawd!! I have just been stood up by my date. I feel like Cow Dung!  Is this a pretty common thing with guys or what?  I don't know whether to just forget about this and write the whole thing off to experience or get back at this guy for not calling me back to even apologize for what he did to me. I would appreciate your advice. Should I just let this thing go and chalk it up to my lame experience, or should I call him? I feel so very low at the moment.  
                          Signed, Broken Hearted Fool"
Dear Broken: 
First of all, Agnes, you need to stop feeling sorry for  yourself!  And second, please get a grip on one very important thing - Not all guys are like this... And instead of just sobbing around your house and feeling inadequate, I recommend that you turn the tables, save face and really screw with this idiot who was so rude and low to do this to you.  In this modern day of cell phones, unless he was run over, kidnapped, or found dead, there is NO excuse for him not to call you and to stand you up like this. 
There are very few things that can make you feel worse then waiting to be picked up for a date that never arrives. There are also few things ruder to do to someone like this.  Oh, I can understand amnesia - but even for that I wouldn't date a guy again knowing he had that kind of affliction. The thing that you need to realize is very, very simple - He probably didn't want to meet you. Nothing more, nothing less...It's that simple. If he had wanted to meet you, he would have shown up. Once you realize this, you can lift your head up and have some fun with this jerk. 
I would wait a day or two then call him. Don't block your phone number because you definitely want him to know that it was from you and nobody else. More than likely he will not answer so you can leave him a message rather than be confrontational. But if he does answer (for whatever reason) you can basically say the same thing.  Call him and tell him that you needed to apologize for standing HIM up. I would say something like you are so sorry for not being there (and make up some really idiotic and trivial story on why you could not meet him). Maybe that you were shopping and lost track of the time or tell him that you forgot that you had an appointment to take your cat to the veterinarian or something. Make him feel like you have the upper hand. It allows you to release all of those lousy feelings you had about being stood up and effectively transfer them to him.
Okay, okay.... now this can be a hoot!  Now that he believes that it was YOU who dissed him, he might actually want to ask you out again.  The fact that you weren't there makes you all the more desirable in his eyes, especially to a moron like this. So if he asks you out again, say "yes!"   Then, apologize once again for not showing up the first time but do make a definite date again.  
Here is where it gets juicy...LOL. Tell him that you have two center court tickets to your local NBA game this coming weekend (but make sure that the team is actually home, btw). Tell him to wear something fancy because you have also made special arrangements with a limo to take you both from the game to a very swinging restaurant.  Also tell him to take a taxi to meet you at the main entry since you will be arriving separately and directly from work in the same manner.   This time, of course, you stand him up for real and make him now experience how awful that felt to be dissed like that!


So, now that we have that off of our chests, let's talk about what we all enjoy doing here most in Second Life - TRAVEL & SHOPPING!  (OMG!...  I know what you were REALLY thinking - Doing the Naughty! HA!)  

Errhmmm...aside from that, what better fun is there than shopping for clothing and traveling off to exotic destinations no longer that far away?  Yes.... Right smack dab here can be found some wonderfully created and romantic environments to explore and indulge in.  Some very primitive, yet others so decadently eccentric!  



I am honored to be B'wuana Becky, your expeditionary guide here in SL.  I have discovered that one of the main things people like about my blog is the travel blurbs I do in here once in a while to show people this wonderful SL place. So, as a result, I enjoy writing about some of the cool places that I visit here and this share it with my followers so that they can enjoy it as well. If you love travel and have some great places that you want me to visit and thus share with others, please contact me.

I hope that all of you self-described travel and fashion nuts continue to explore these combined worlds with me.  Personally, I enjoy to inform, inspire and entertain you here when it comes to both fashion and the traveling here in Second Life.  I enjoy it. I hope you do too!


So, anyway...where was I?  Oh, yes I remember now....For many people travel comes true once a year as an annual vacation. Often people yearn of a greater travel adventure like a year in Africa (like me) or selling everything and venturing off to Central America for a couple of years.  For others, it is on their "bucket list."  Still for others it is a sweet plan for retirement on a boat, in a  motor home across country, or with a backpack or by train.


For me, travel has always been an all-consuming passion - 
my first love. I travel extensively in RL for mostly work now but I always try and carve out some time to stop and enjoy the culture and architecture where ever I go.  I have done projects in exotic locations like Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Bejing, and Vietnam I am saving my money so I can travel back to Europe again and my other dream of one day being on Safari in Africa. 


Off we go again, Chloe and Yours Truly
 for More Fun and Adventure!
Being a designer in RL, I appreciate seeing quality environments here in Second Life and sharing them with you. Travel...whether it is here or in RL is fun!! I have found lots of people who love to explore both worlds with the sole purpose of enjoyment, wild partying or just because of the fun things that they encounter while exploring. Silly things as well.  

Speaking of being silly, you know that I have a 25 foot tall girl friend by the name of BobCatt that makes me chuckle deep down inside.  I call her monster, and she scoops me up and lets me ride between her breasts to stroll around and squash cars to ravage & ransack villages, HA!  

You know that I have always been told that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.  One certainly sees that here!  I know that it's all make-believe and such, but it is still a wonderful retreat from time to time, meeting new people along the way and sharing fantasies with them as well.  And Oooo- Lah,Lah!  Some of the nice company you can keep too!
  

Next Stop:  Tempura Island ~ An Island Sim Inspired From a Broken Heart

I really blew it you know.  For when I first saw the name of this place "Tempura Island," I thought to myself that this was nothing more than a glorified Japanese Restaurant with a Twist of Geisha Girls added to it, topped with a sprinkle of Sesame Street Seeds!  


Oh Contrare!! This place is gorgeous!  It is filled with such wonderful and enchanting forests, with waterfalls, streams, and wildlife.  If you have had a hard day at work and you just want to rest your eyes on sheer scenic beauty, then come meditate amidst the Japanese motifs of Tempura Island.


The Ballroom at Tempura Island is Spectacular ~
So Nicely Designed with its Coffered Ceilings,
Polished Floors and Golden Paneled Walls
Tempura Island opened in May of 2008. The concept behind Tempura Island is a place that abounds in beauty where people can come to talk and feel love in the world.  The Island took more than six months to develop and it is intended to be the ultimate environment as a healing place - A renaissance in harmony between the East and Western Cultures.  It is my understanding that it all started from a broken heart.  Back then, the owner, 菊之介王子 (kikunosuke.eel), had suffered from the breakup with his SL girlfriend. His broken heart transfigured into the creation of Tempura Island.  

Wow!  What a dumb bitch she was for shaking this guy!  I mean to say that I am NOT a gold digger or anything of the sort BUT this place has to be worth a small fortune by now. Hmmm... I wonder if Kikunosuke needs a Geisha or anything? I also wonder if there a service entry to this joint? 


The Landscaping Throughout Tempura Island is Well-Conceived and Evokes a Sense of Inner Peace

The name "Tempura" is actually associated with the Japanese word "AGE-AGE," which translates to the feeling of cheerfulness, excitement or energy. "AGE-AGE" also means to deep-fry foods. I don't know about you, but that is what I am most familiar with - You know.. the scrumptiously delicious deep-fried food we call tempura. 

My understanding that the real secret behind this Island is erotic, for some of the ideas were those derived from other sims where men and women could make love.  (Excuse me for a moment while I compose myself so that I may continue....Ahem!)


I LOVE the Look of This Black LUXE Paris Tango Gown 

Part of this sims inspiration came from the erotic side of SL.  The creator saw other sims at the time very troublesome, untidy and therefore not romantic. Back in those early days of SL, there was no place where ladies could spend their precious time or sleep with their lovers in a safe and romantic mood. Voila!! So Tempura Island was created.  Guys.. please settle down and remain calm!  

This is NOT the Bunny Ranch in Las Vegas or anything or the sort.  It is based on Eastern philosophies of the man/woman sensual relationship of intimacy and warmth. (Mmmm... yummy!)  You must realize that when I heard that they had over 48 positions here available,  I had no idea that they were talking about any sort of Japanese style of Karma Sutra. Ha! Silly me!! And I thought that those graphic illustrations on the wall were depictions of Sumo Wrestlers!!  I wonder where the front desk is? Oh, Bellboy!  Hello there...my good man!  Can you take my luggage to my room please? (Nice butt, BTW). 


OMG!  That is ME!
(4th Row Down & 3rd From the Left)

Seriously, did you know that (during the Edo period in Japan) the sumo wrestling word "四十八手" started to be used with a sexual meaning. The meaning in the sexual context translated to  “all the basic sexual techniques”. In this case there are exactly 48 of them. Wow!! They say there are 48 winning techniques in sumo.  I wonder if that applies here? Oh, well... that will be a whole other subject for both you and your date here at Tempura Island I am certain. Mmmmm....
The Flowers that Adorn the Coastline at
Tempura Island are a Wonderful Experience
to Enjoy with your Friends





Back to the subject of design (wiping my brow) - The architecture here at Tempura Island is both inspiring and majestic at once.  From its Primary Landmark Point of Arrival, you suddenly embark across a wonderfully designed bridge that summons your inner flirt to find the other side.  Along the way, your mind is treated to visual splendor of the valley below - with forests, meadows and lakes in abundance.  Hollowed trees tempt you and your lover's passions for explorations, while at the terminus of the brige awaits a mystical and magical castle, complete with seemingly hours of exploring and hidden treats.  There is also a magnificent ballroom to dance with your favorite partner or to seek the company of your potential Prince Charming.


From Any Perspective or Vantage Point, the views here are truly Sensational

The creator of Tempura Island designed private rooms from their personal life experiences and ideas, with the colors and furnishings selected based on their personal philosophies and the psychology of human spatial needs. The spaces designed are elegant and inviting. If you look at the sim from an aerial standpoint, its shape is symmetrical in form and derived or transfigured from the idea of "Mandala," the Buddhist visual scheme of the enlightened mind. 

If you look carefully at the dome of the main building you will see a light ray to the sky above.  This metaphorically speaks to the image of smoke from incense sticks which helps its ancestors make their climb up to paradise.  Funny, I will never look at my chopsticks again in the same way... HA! 



Oh Sure, they tell you that this is a "Beacon of Light" for their Ancestors.
Personally, I think that it is One Huge Bug Zapper

Tempura Island is truly a multinational sim with many landscape and architectural design features and elements from countries and cultures around the World. Some say that Tempura Island is the most beautiful sim in all of Second Life.  

I certainly can agree, for I find this place to be one of harmony and in finding your inner peace - while you meditate, seek romance, and dream. 

On the Beck-O-Meter...Four delicious and well-earned Scoops way up on Tempura Island (with Carmel Toppings)!




1 comment: