Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

CWS: Roller Coasters vs. Merry-Go-Rounds - Is Modeling Really For You in SL?


By Becky Kenaan


What is it with these models and modeling here in SL anyway? They spend countless hours of work preparing their glamorous avi bodies for the runways here, with compensation coming largely in the form of clothing and gifts from the various designers here to showcase their latest trends and fashions.  

Hmmm....Is this fun or what?  You be the Judge! 


This is Me before Jenny Craig, having
Cosmetic Surgery, and Meeting Anrol





This is Me impersonating a fashion judge at CWS. HA!
It certainly isn't for your husband or boyfriend in RL because they just don't seem to get it or see the merit or worth you must invest here (in both time and effort).  

So, what are we missing here exactly? If this is something you really want to do, then do it with deep passion and conviction. Just be prepared that (along the way) you may find SL modeling much more more difficult than you thought it might be.  And, you might also discover that it isn’t what you expected at all - For you will find that modeling here is certainly no cake walk!

If you are not a model, then modeling might appear at first glance easy here. From many people's perceptions, they see modeling as glamorous work,  wearing the best of designer’s latest, trendy, and phenomenal clothing styles, and always looking great with fans fawning themselves all over you.  The fact is that modeling here in SL is like modeling in RL - you’ll be experiencing plenty of time hitting the pavement, sacrificing much of your effort with loads of rejection. Is this something that you are still interested in?

Hmmmm?  Now, where was I headed with this point anyway? LOL.  

Oh, I remember now!!  The answer to that question is simply a resounding "YES!"  As models, we do certainly experience our highs and lows, but we do actually experience a flood of attention with both glamor and excitement around every turn.  



I can best describe the feeling of being a model to the difference between riding a Merry-Go-Round or a Roller Coaster.  You have a lot more "ups and downs" but the sheer thrill of the ride is much more exhilarating than just going around in circles here in SL.  It is purposeful, and thus adds to your life experiences, regardless of whether you discover them in RL or SL.  Personally speaking, I have learned so much about clothing styles and the newest fashion trends  that I have readily applied this SL education to my RL wardrobes.


I am so very proud of my kids!  Such enterprizing Boys! 

Insofar as any income derived, you are better off pole dancing in some BDSM Club here in SL than begin to think that you are going to make a financial killing here. Pffft!

I can tell you this - you do gain a ton more self-respect working as a model here from putting on clothes rather than taking them off dancing the pole. 

The Big Three Questions You Need to Ask Yourself

To best determine if modeling is for you here in SecondLife, I believe there are three questions you must ask yourself:

Question #1: Why do I want to become a model in SL?

Each of us may have a different answer to this.  For me, it really comes down to expressing the creativity inside of me, my love in learning, my feeling of personal reward, and getting to meet & enjoy all different types of interesting people who share in my passion.  It is a Win-Win the way I see it, without a doubt!

Question #2: Would I do this even if I wasn’t being paid?

Hello?  Knock, knock!  You best keep your day job, Hun... This SL experience is NOT about making money.   I’m not at all suggesting that you will work for free here in SL as a model (and you shouldn't) unless it helps you get to the next level. Regardless of income though, you should do what you love to do here and the rest will follow given time and perseverance to become "Simply the Best."  Hey! That is SUCH a catchy title...I think that I will recommend that to Sunrae and Kiralyn.  HA!

Question #3: What if I looked into my crystal ball and low and behold I discovered that I wouldn’t fail at being an SL Model, would I still want to become a model more than anything else?

If your answer to that question was "Yes" and that you would still want to become a model more than anything else you’re already half way! All paths in life that lead to success first begin with a clarity in purpose. You are indeed on your way to becoming a Second Life Super Model!!!

But first, repeat after me loud and clear:
 "Oh yes, Becky!  I would love to become a model more than anything else in the whole world!
Why, even more than having a date with Brad Pitt!” 

Now tap your ruby slippers three (3) times....


"Tap, Tap, Tap!"

Voila!!! You are now officially ready to begin a new journey towards your new modeling career here in Second Life.  And, take some good advice from ol' Becks - Get enrolled at Classic With Style.  CWS will provide you with both clear vision and direction on just how to get there. Not only is it a great learning adventure, but it also SO MUCH FUN! 


So, climb down off that pole and go for it! HA! 





1 comment: