Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Monday, April 15, 2013

CWS: "Play It Again, Sunrae" I Found Casa Blanca!

by Becky Kenaan

Fade from black, the final scene begins as Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) and Lisa Lund (Ingrid Bergman) say their final goodbyes as the plane starts its engines to leave for Lisbon. During that scene, at the last moment, Rick makes Lisa board the plane to Lisbon with her husband, Richard, telling her she would regret it if she stayed, "Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life." It is certainly one of the most famous scenes in cinematic history.  



But after seeing that movie again with my box of tissues handy,  I realize that sometimes life is not fair, especially as portrayed in the movie Casa Blanca. Poor Lisa, having to stick it out with that dork Richard when her true love is Rick Blaine. What a waste! 




B'wuana Becky's Travel Guide: Next Stop - Sweetheart's Jazz Club

But, having said that and looking to the bright side, I was able to make a killing at the roulette table just the other night.  Being the very impulsive person I am, I decided to fly away this time to visit a few clubs (maybe like Rick's Cafe) and see if there are any interesting men to meet.  I did meet a Captain in the Navy a short time back and he left me a message for me to rendezvous with him at a certain Jazz club.  Tall, dark, handsome... you know... Mmmmm.... Love a man in uniform too!  Always wanted to be married to a Captain.  They look so handsome in their uniforms during wedding ceremonies... 

Well, my friend, Bobcatt, offered to fly me to a few of these destinations.  He told me that he doesn't need much runway.  (I can relate to that also because I do model on an occasional runway... and its nice to know where to pose so that I don't land up in somebody's lap. HA!).  

This is me at the airport waiting for Bobcatt to arrive.  I brought along just a few things this time... Hmmm, let me go over my checklist to make sure I brought everything along.... " Yes, I need that formal dress, and this one as well...I better bring a few summer dresses also.. Oh, and these Bikinis that I got from LUXE by Paris fit nicely in my suitcase as well... Ohh... and some lingerie! 


OMG! And, how on earth did these little hats get packed in here, anyway?  It's always good to come prepared one might say, so I better keep  these colored "Willie Warmers" in my suitcase just in case... We certainly don't want to set off any alarms at airport security you know... 


I LOVE this FAY outfit that I got from Diamond Style!
The suitcase carries all of the "goodies" I need for this trip as well!






Well, here I am on this runway, with my luggage in hand and now ready to take off. I have all my cosmetics that I need also. 

Speaking of cosmetics, whatever your flair,don't forget that gorgeous eyes, kissable lips and healthy hair are key to your attractiveness here in sl.  As you know, our eyes must be perfect here... after all, they are the windows to the soul! 

Did you know that 40 percent of women say that  their eyes are their favorite body parts. (Sorry, Boys... We didn't survey you.  We already know your other favorites). 




Yep! That's right! Our eyes are one of the first features a man may notice, and after all we can express a great deal of our personality with our flirtatious ways.  But of all the features on the face, our lips certainly do the most when it comes to our love life. Not only do lips speak flirtation, they also take seduction to the next level. ~smirks~


So, for those soft and kissable lips you might visit Diamond Style and talk to Cristal... Their skin facials there have such sexy pout and can drive your man crazy and want to kiss you all night long !

...Mmm... So, with the just amount of lipstick applied you better be ready to pucker up for a nice romantic evening.


I can be an Alien Monster when I get Annoyed! 
We also know that a great hair morning can make our day.  If you were born a curly girl like me in rl, you can drop the straightener here in SL and explore different do's of styling!! If desired, you can be demure in appearance with your hair, or if you feel naughty and frisky, you can wear it wild.  I got my "Do" from Vanity Hair.  It is such a great place to shop for hair. 


"What do you mean "Red Sky Tonight, Sailor's Delight?" Hey buddy, this is my nickel making this phone call!!  You were suppose to pick me up at the airport when I arrived for our date, REMEMBER!!!   You freakin' Blankety-blank-blank, no good F#%*'ng A**h%l@!!! Yeah, well you know where you can stick this nickel also!!"

Oh, excuse me! I am so sorry... I just had to make a last minute call.  

I am out on the SL town tonight looking into a few nightclubs that might stir some fancy.  

No, no, no!...Please don’t take me for one of those girls.. You know, one of those wild nocturnal cougar types having fun all night, looking for the perfect man to spend intimate time with. However, if by chance that opportunity did come up,  I would certainly have to think long and hard about it (no pun intended).  

Well, I wanted to first go see this place called Sweethearts Jazz Club. 


The Owner, Shannon Bramlington, was very gracious, offering to pick me up from the airport in her nice Rolls after a minor misunderstanding I had about my previous ride to the club. 

Wow, now this woman must be doing something right!    She also seems to have a nice crowd here as well. 

My initial impression is that Sweetheart's Jazz  Club possesses a great "sense of arrival." It has a very elegant mahogany, white and gold winding stairway that leads you up then transcends you down to the ballroom floor.  The spaces created are also very wonderfully arranged and thought through as well.


Check out the guy up perched high on the canopy... A true adventurist (Unfortunately he was married.)

To my glee, I found the place brimming with social activity.  I was there for no more than a couple of minutes that I had men asking me to dance.  (So charming and handsome as well). There was certainly no shortage of single, available men eager to spend time with you having fun dancing. (Please note the special surveillance security people on the rooftops for your added safety.)


He blinked when I pinched Him
If you are on a date and choose Sweetheart's Jazz Club, there are some terrific places here within the club for both you and your date to take some very romantic pictures together as well. 

This guy that I am posing with was very accommodating when I asked him to take his picture with me for this blog.  Purely for promotional reasons I told him. I assured him not to worry about him being married and such, for this was just for fun and I wasn't interested in him. (BTW, his SL wife made a nice catch with this fine male specimen). 

My Manicurist? Does that mean I am cured of Men?
Hmmmm... I found that there are also some nice single guys that love to dance here with you ladies.  This other man even proposed to me while I was there! (Not really, but it sounded good so I lied!) 

I really liked and appreciated the overall ambiance of Sweetheart's Jazz, from the arrival, to the ballroom floor, to the stage, to the nice places to mingle and have cozy conversations - This place is full of first class ambiance and taste.  


Le Coeur Wedding Chapel at Sweetheart's - Just Lovely! 





And,ladies... Talk about one-stop shopping! Ha! 

Did you know that you can also tie the knot here as well? You bet! 

In addition to featuring the romantic dancing, live events, DJ's, and shopping they also have wonderful places there for weddings. Sweethearts Jazz Club has it all!


So, with such pleasure and delight, looking at my "Beck-O-Meter" I give Sweetheart's Jazz Club a delicious four creamy Ice Cream Scoops (with the "little married wedding cake couple" on top of each scoop! Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment