Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Bray’s Place – Bray’s Blues Club and Social Community - A Distinctive Sense of Place with Renown Class


Bray’s Place – Bray’s Blues Club and Social Community is a relatively new blues venue 
which blends great blues with that of a genuine commitment to embracing both 
friendliness and inclusiveness within its industrial tavern architectural motif. 

I went there impromptu for the first time yesterday. 

Get this, Everyone! 

After I left, Bray reached out to me personally with an IM, 
graciously thanking me for attending. 




Wow! That kind of sincere gesture caught me completely off guard.  
This was the first time (since coming into Second life over 7 years ago) that 
I ever encountered such a wonderful outreach on such a personal level. 

 I found that to be a very beautiful gesture - which spoke volumes about Bray 
and the kind of loving person she is.  


By taking the time to make that very personal connection with me, 
it left me feeling very special and appreciated.

That said, I truly see why its group membership (referred to as the “Brayniacs”) 
is exponentially growing in leaps and bounds. That genuine warmth and kindness 
in spirit coupled with her passion for the Blues will make you want to come 
back again to connect socially as well as emotionally with Bray’s Place. 


As a side note, I had been blogging for Frank’s Jazz for the past 6 years - 
donating much of my time there unconditionally with quality efforts 
to both inform and educate everyone about Frank’s venues. 

 I must say unequivocally that never once in my six years of dedication to Frank's, 
has their senior management ever showed me the kind of true class and quality of character that Bray had graced me with just yesterday. 

Needless to say, I was very impressed. 


Unlike many venues, Bray’s has a distinctive sense of place 
where people feel connected both socially and emotionally. 

Absent is the air of superficial self-righteousness, flamboyance and pompous arrogance. 

Instead, Bray’s Place is one of refreshing warmth with a true commitment 
to its fans. The regulars that I have come into contact with 
also attests to this quality of mindset and heart. 



Be mindful that this is no overnight venue. It is my understanding that Bray 
spent years working for other clubs, trying to make them better with 
devotion with unbridled passion to do things right. 

This passion has evolved to 10 music sets a day from a cadre 
of 48 DJs supported by 38 hosts with its Blues blend of gospel and 
secular pop and soul music.


Additionally, some performances do also offer a mix in genres from Latin, Reggae, 
Oldies, Rock, Celtic, Rockabilly, Bluegrass, Country, Bollywood & Gypsy. 

Whatever your music passion is, you owe it to yourself to experience Bray's Place.  
It possesses a sense of place with an atmosphere of genuine hospitality & fun.



Click on this for its' Location in Second Life:


No comments:

Post a Comment