Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Friday, November 7, 2014

Becky's Fashion Modeling Tip: If at First You Don't Succeed, Eat Chocolate





I am often asked the question of what's it like to be a fashion model here in Second Life and why do I spend the time doing it.


Well, I love modeling here in Second Life for several reasons. 

First off, I see modeling as a wonderful canvas 
to explore my creativity and passions. 


I also enjoy connecting with fashion & style lovers here in SL.





But more importantly, it's all about learning and striving to bring fashion to a whole new level - composing ensembles with originality while focusing on getting the most out of my clothing purchases in SL. 

And as you probably know, I also love to blog - mixing both satire 
and modeling together to help enrich this wonderful experience of modeling for others here in Second Life. 




It could be argued that nobody works as hard as the models here - walking down the catwalk or preparing for a show to begin. Not to mention also doing print modeling, as well as other live appearances.

  

We "catwalkers" endure multiple castings, last-minute fittings, and hours of hair and makeup searches and changes — only to start it all over again once a show is over and then to move on to the next event.

When you get down to its essence, modeling is all about learning and improving upon yourself to excel to the next challenging level. Being a model is also all about listening and learning from others whom have traveled this wonderful journey.



That said, V (Venum) from VoguE Fashion graciously critiqued an ensemble that I had done for a recent contest and then challenged me to improve on what I had initially composed and make changes. 

Sess (Miss Virtual World 2013 - representing Ireland) also provided me with input on color, giving me a wonderful notecard to learn from.


Simply put, I learned that matching your clothes with your skin tone 
is a lot like matching your hair with your skin tone. 



 Looking at this dress more closely (and understanding its use of secondary and tertiary colors) made me reconsider my eyes, skin, and hair selections for a more coordinated and sophisticated look.



complemented the colors of this bold Zanze Julia dress with new skin tone and hair coloring - Going slightly more tan with my skin tone and darker with my hair. 

Focusing on my eyes, I went to blue for a bit more dimension. 
I also used a yellow with smoke-based eyeshadow to better complement the dress.

This exercise was truly a valuable lesson for me to aspire and 
succeed in fashion. Just like eating chocolate, I loved it! 


"Becky Da' Boop with Da' Scoop!"









  



   


1 comment:

  1. Incredibly informative and very well written. With a Lovely coordinated comfy Outfit to go along with it. A lot of information again like your last blog entry in so small a space. Well done.

    ReplyDelete