Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Frank's Entertainment Group and My Last Tweet - The Epitome of Good Taste vs. the Enigma of a Dress Code Gone Awry



There is nothing as valuable in life as a journalist than exploring to seek and find the 
truth - and then making it comprehensible, fun and interesting for others to enjoy. 

Honest journalism is an essential part of any decent society. Fearless journalism is also a compelling part of the defense of any free society. I choose to deliver both as a journalist.

Last night I was informed by Nanceee Sinatra that I had been ejected from Frank’s Entertainment Group because of the recent editorial article (blog) I wrote about what I honestly saw as an enigma in the dress codes at Frank’s Jazz. 



A Sincere Wish for All Things Beautiful at Frank's

Nanceee claimed that I had offended the GM Lara Martian and their guests based on my alleged off tangent remarks about the ambiguity and double standards of the dress code that I have witnessed and observed.

It is well known that the dress code standards need improvement at Frank’s. This is not a new topic.

Personally speaking, I have blogged for Nanceee for several years and I have always (without exception) expressed my honesty about the many venues there. This recent article was no exception. I did not sugarcoat it – nor was it meant as vindictive in any way. 




I instead was direct and brutally honest with my critique. I do admit that my style of creative writing is alive with sarcasm of which I normally always use to make my point.

As such, I have always believed that our minds have to work harder to understand and appreciate sarcasm for it makes our brains tuned and more responsive to intelligent reasoning. 


As a form of communication, sarcasm takes on the obligation of conflict. I use it at times to enhance creative sparks to promote an idea - but I have now come to realize that it did not sit well with the FEG establishment in this case.

That being said, I hope that in the end people will have learned from this blog in a way which makes my last blog about Frank’s meaningful and productive. 



Nanceee, I love you to death and I hope this letter reaches you and summons up your compassion and understanding as to the good for which this blog was intended. 

I hope that you will also find the time to read the suggestions that I sent you last week on how to improve the dress code standards at Frank's. I believe that it would be good for business and undoubtedly raise the fashion bar at Frank's in a very positive way.  


That's me...First Witch from the Right

Lara, I hope that you grow from this experience and learn to be more accepting of knowledge - and less myopic in your views of me and my fashion articles. If I could leave you with one good sound piece of advice, it would be to never let someone's negative opinion of you become your reality.

We all learn from our mistakes which is more important than understanding our flaws. I take full responsibility for writing this. I can honestly say that I wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to providing my readers with the truth. 




I put my head down on my pillow at night and sleep well knowing that my journalistic opinions are genuine and come from my heart.

It is because I write about issues to bind us in common humanity and thus help us as a society come together in better understanding. Some people do not look at my work this way unfortunately.

The constitution guarantees that free speech and the free press must remain absolute no matter what danger may arise. 


Well, being banned was the cost of such journalistic expression. That was most unfortunate and a loss for Frank's as well as myself and for those around me that know the real me.


Seeking a Higher Standard

I also know that this is their business. The world is not always a fair place to seek open-minded people who reason the same way as you. For that I am also sorry.

The First Amendment unequivocally guarantees by stating that, “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press.” 


This is not the standard practice apparently at Frank's.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with leaving the past behind us and moving on with the new adventures. It is a matter of nature - for what you are today, you certainly won't be what you will become tomorrow.

So, to all of my friends, colleagues and guests at Frank's Jazz I bid you a gracious adieu.   

4 comments:

  1. I do not see you on the ban list for the Elite. The GM at Elite, where the Chateau is located, is Persia. As you know, I am focused on people lowering complexity and keeping bits covered. Otherwise, I am not the fashion police. Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked, you are NOT banned from any of the 3 clubs. I welcome you to be at Elite while I am hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. Your kind words means the world to me.

      Delete
  3. https://svetlanatiramisu.blogspot.com/2018/08/kicked-out-of-franks-jazz.html

    ReplyDelete