Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Monday, July 27, 2015

UniQue's Black Dior Dress - It makes shoulders the new cleavage for 2016



Well, if it was good enough for Brigitte Bardot, it’s certainly good enough for us now! 

Seriously, this Unique Boutique’s Dior Black Dress with its Bardot neckline, scores
instant styling points to refresh just about any special occasion event here in SL.


New fashion trends always look back to history. However, sometimes there is a
certain amount of eye rolling with omg sighs of, “Really? This again?” 

But this Unique Boutique Dior Dress is keen proof that it can be cool
to borrow from your mom’s old wardrobe collection once again.


The Bardot neckline of this mid-century modern Dior dress is a variation and a
splendid example of an often occurring fashion trend - the off the shoulder look.


As a teen, do you ladies remember your mom always reminding you about your poor posture?

 Well, I had terrible posture back then, with my shoulders always looking droopy
and rounded. With braces, I was seemingly every blind date’s worst nightmare. 


Had I owned this Unique Black Dior Dress back then, with its fabulous leopard
open and wide brimmed Bardot neckline, it would have certainly cured my
drooping posture by forcing me to keep my shoulders back. 

I love this look!  And, it makes shoulders definitely the new cleavage for 2016. 


I love how Pussycat envisioned this look with its sexy leopard fur neckline.
 Combined with its hip-fitted, circular shaped skirt,
it bristles with playful chic flair. 


This dress possesses a mega-flattering appearance.  Its look is VERY sexy, yet it
possesses a feeling of lost innocence. Back in the late 50s styling was all about
being in the social context and cultural conception of modesty.

This look however broke those boundaries.


Everyone that knows me understands my obsession for hats. My hat combined
with this fabulous Bardot off shoulder neckline garnishes my face effortlessly. 


The length in the décolleté line is perfect; the look makes the shoulders appear straight and impeccably well-postured with the brim sloping delicately into the bust.

In RL, my shoulders and collarbone are now some of my best features thanks to mom’s constant reminders (and persistent nagging…lol). And, since I started doing yoga, it has also completely changed the shape of my body thanks in part to my improved posture. 


(So, okay, I guess that I should have listened to my mom from the very beginning).

"Becky Da' Boop with Da' Scoop!"


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful and truly heartfelt blog. I love the personal touch. The Dress is so very classy and the whole ensemble is classic.

    ReplyDelete