Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Thursday, June 13, 2013

CWS: A Night in Paris Styling Theme

by Becky Kénaan


The allure of Paris night life and its romantic appeal inspires the fashion world around us. The elements of "A Night in Paris" theme evokes the images of old Parisian movies in which actors dined under the stars and made romance come alive on film.  

And Paris, what’s not romantic about it?” It has a gorgeous setting of historic monuments and scenic bridges across the Seine, and fashionably-dressed Parisians making their way along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées with its cinemas, cafés, luxury specialty shops and clipped horse-chestnut trees.  It is such a wonderful place to fall in love.

Becky:  "Pardon me, Janet, but do you think that the next time you send me out on an assignment, you can send me to Paris. After all, I love Paris. It is also the Mecca for fashion. I sincerely believe that I could really bring back some great fashion ideas to both share and contribute to everyone's education here at Class with Style." 
Janet:  "Look!  You will address me as "Madame Diva" from now on! I am THE Madame Diva here and NOT you!   And, Icksnay on the Paris trip idea unless you want to butt heads with the Boss. Besides, THAT little stunt you pulled with that new girl at the Styling contest did NOT go over very well with the Boss.  I am doing everything in my power to keep you from you getting fired!   
Janet: "What were you thinking, anyway?  OMG!  Telling that poor girl to look into her inventory for a "Hem Straightener HUD" right before she was about to go down the runway? If I were Sunrae, I would take you out behind the university and have you shot!"
Becky: "Give me a break!"  Where is your sense of humor? That was just a joke.  It was kind of a "right of passage." I am sure that you can appreciate that with your age and all. Oops! You know what I mean."
Janet: "My age?" Why you little blanket-tee, blank, blank, f**k*** #@*! blank!... How dare you! I will have you know that I am not a day over 39. Pfft!" 
Becky:  "Well, Madame Diva.. I must say that you don't look a day over 39 here in SL."
Becky: "And what about YOU driving THAT car down the runway yesterday before the event?  I nearly broke my ankle on the runway slipping on the oil that was leaking out of that pixelated Jalopy! If Sunrae were to ever find out about that, you would be standing next to me in the unemployment line here in Second Life!"
Janet:  "Okay...er, ahh...well, I guess we can overlook that little prank you pulled off then Becky.. Just make sure that it doesn't happen again! Pfft!  Just curious...Did you notice that I was able to hit second gear and break the tires loose?
Becky: "Yes Madame Diva I did!  Very impressive! FYI, Sunrae came to me afterwards and asked me what that funny smell was on the stage.  
Becky: "I told her that it was a new perfume from Paris called "Eau De Toilette Camaro." I think she bought it." 
"And now, about that trip to Paris?  Lets break some bread and talk about the travel arrangements, shall we?"


A Night in Paris (Une nuit d'été à Paris) Fashion Theme


This may sound a bit of a cliché, but falling in love in Paris really does happen. I am sure that you have all heard that Paris is dubbed as ‘the city of lights’ and a lovers paradise.  Go there and let it happen to you! 


I think everyone knows that I love the movie Casablanca, but do you think that could really happen outside the movies or in books? My sarcasm towards love and relationships has recently been melted away by some very charming French men that I have come to know here in SL... And, who knows? For perhaps one day I will meet one of them under the Eiffel Tower to see if there is something to the magic of Paris.



My Night in Paris ensemble reflects the monochromatic elegance of a moon-lit night sky, with the stars  shimmering and dancing over the City of Lights.  With that imagery in my mind, I chose this elegant Marie Black Gown by Eshi Otawara with its sexy mermaid floor-length black evening look that is stunningly enhanced by its beautiful silver illuminating sequins and graceful feathered base and textures. 


The flared floor-skimming skirt lends both a classy and elegant look to the gown as it flows seamlessly with my silhouette. I chose to wear my pearl hair in corn row braids to complement the feathered features/appearance at the base of this gown.




♥♥  Night in Paris Gown Ensemble ♥♥


Shape:           Drunna by Kitori 姫 by (kitori.yuheng)

Skin:             Glam Affair- Gio Natural - Clean by Aida Ewing

Eyes:             Expressive eyes gray BIG by Nany Merlin
Lipstick:        Glam Affair- Layla lipstick - desire by Aida Ewing
Face Tattoo:  White~Widow - Face Tattoo] Confettis White by Stan Jigsaw
Hair:              Discord Designs - Cornrow Braids FBR01 (Pearl) by Kallisti Burns
Nails:             CCD Carter's Nails in Black and White by Kimber Carter 
Headdress:     MARIE GOWN Hat by Eshi Otawara
Dress:            MARIE GOWN by Eshi Otawara
Earrings:        *VoguE* Pearl Feather Earrings by Zalyn Bailey
Bracelet:       OH RAMONA_silver bangles by demonya Denimore
Shoes:           GB Stone Sandals by Argis lgaly

No comments:

Post a Comment