Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Friday, June 28, 2013

CWS: B'wuana Becky's Guide to the Universe, Romance, and Button Popping

by Becky Kénaan


So, what is it with these SL clubs anyway? 



I mean, standing around and hoping that some handsome guy with the nice profile will introduce himself.  For me, I always like to start conversation in Nearby Chat by saying something humorous when there is absolutely no conversation.  



I like to say things like, "I hear pins dropping," or maybe "I hear buttons popping."  LOL. I certainly enjoy the responses that I often get.  It also makes for great conversation. 


Romance on the Dance Floor

Having great conversations with the opposite sex and flirting in a fun-spirited manner certainly loosens things up, you know. (figuratively speaking of course).   




After all, EVERYONE on the dance floor is romancing at varying degrees (hehe). I often will look across the dance floor at the romantic lovers dancing together and wonder to myself just how many of them are already naked in their minds with each other.  


Yep!  Those buttons are popping indeed! 

Ah, nature is such a beautiful thing, isn't it?.  And, you know exactly what I am talking about NOW don't deny it!  



Come on you two, take it into the bedroom! HA!


Picking Up Guys - Mr. Wrong vs. Mr. Right

I like to take life head on and, if my mood is such, I will pick that man up! Ha! The key for me in picking up the man I want  is always by good conversation. It also reveals the man's sense of humor and often his passions both in RL as well in SL. I also like intelligent men.  

For me, intelligence is very sexy. 



Of course, if you are terrified at the thought of starting a conversation with a guy, then don't.  My recommendation in that case is to stay in the public Nearby Chat arena and enjoy your time chatting there. Express your wit and feminine charm there and I am certain that some nice guy will IM you for a dance, and Viola! 


Well, Yeah? Scope Him Out First 

I always like to look at a guy's profile first to make sure that he is not partnered. And, during my conversation with him, I will also inquire to see if he is married in RL.  I realize that some may not care here but I do because married rl guys can often come with complicated baggage. 



I also don't let my hormones run wild while dancing.  I believe that it is certainly okay to be flirtatious, but I like to keep my romance limited to maybe a first kiss or a romantic caress without losing my panties on the dance floor. 

Whether it be in the SL or the RL environment, there is always that special person for the special someone somewhere. And, who knows, for SL can be "the place" to meet that special someone.  


Nightmare on Elm Street (or was it at Frank's?)


Okay, so what if this guy is a wacko? You know, the perverted Freddy Krueger type deep down inside. Or perhaps he is just not your type - maybe too quiet,  too macho, self-absorbed, or perhaps just not a great conversationalist? 



You definitely want to make sure that his personality is as fascinating as his avi looks (and that he isn't a weirdo hiding a chainsaw).  It's much better to politely turn him down right away, rather than make the rude discovery later, when your escape routes will be much more limited.

With that said, once you break the ice and step out on to the dance floor, find out what makes him tick and see if he is suitable for your unique personality. IMg is one thing, but actually spending time together and then voicing later can be uncomfortable, and a waste of time if he is not the type of man you are looking for.  So, scope him out first.


Close the Deal

As you are better getting to know this man and you're finding that you are having a great time with him and making easy conversation, you can say something like, "I have really enjoyed my time chatting with you. I find you very interesting. You can friend me if you want."


Getting back to where to meet people... 

Sometimes if the good ol' jazz, country western, or rock club scenes aren't for you (although they are the most prevalent places in Second Life to meet people socially), maybe try a different environment... 



You never know. You might just meet the love of your second life at a store, a nice romantic sim, some sort of theme park sim, or perhaps even on the sim where you might reside.  


A Few Tips for the Guys

Do you ever wonder why some guys have better luck picking up women than others? Men.. It is NOT because they're better looking, or smarter or even have money.

These men possess two common characteristics that work in their favor: One is confidence and; the other character trait is persistence.




The cardinal sin for most women is to see guys hitting on more than one woman in the same social circle. 

Not only will it make you seem like a Casanova, but you overlook the fact that to successfully pick up on a woman, you have to make her feel special and pollenating the flowers in public is certainly a "NOT" when it comes to making a good first impression.


So, even though you might be attracted to more than one woman in the club or wherever you are socially, just pick out a nice woman and stick with her. 

The flipside  is that you'll be going home alone if you don't.

Play it Again, Sam! Compliment her 
(even if you think she's heard it before)

Very often I am attracted to that special man that makes me feel like I am the most beautiful girl in the room. That approach makes me feel confident & comfortable with him, and it makes me want to see him again. 

From there on he has great potential to win my heart and to be rewarded to the benefits in all aspects of our relationship.


Oh, Yuck! Canned pickup lines

Oh yes, and another thing...don't use those old stale cliche pick up lines either. They will either make you look like you're trying a bit too hard or (even worse) you will look inexperienced with women. Try to keep it simple and sincere. 

That way you will get to first base and stand apart from all the men who still use those pathetic lines on women.


Know When It Is Time to Walk Away

Remember this just before you go in for a pick up: There is nothing worse than a clingy guy. It is important to gauge her level of interest in you, but also be wise in knowing when it is time to walk away.

Even the more successful men skilled at the art of picking up women do get rejected from time to time. So Boys, listen carefully to Becky on this little secret... "be persistent and keep approaching women." 

It is part of your hazardous duty pay!  LOL!



Whatever happens, don't get down on yourself because of rejection. Often, a woman's rejection will have little to do with you as a person whatsoever.  Well just look at me! Heavens no, I am never in a bad mood! 

And, I NEVER have any hormonal issues whatsoever, LOL! 

Becky Da' Boop with Da' Scoop

If you follow the guidelines above, the odds are in your favor that you will score!  

Happy hunting, Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment