Becky's Flickr Slideshow

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

CWS: Life is Good on Both Sides

By Becky Kénaan

KNOCK, KNOCK... LIFE IS GOOD!

Honestly, I truly enjoy the blogging experience here in Second Life.  As an aspiring SL model and hermit, it is fun to begin to write on a subject and then see where it's path leads me, utilizing the vast and uncharted regions within my demented brain. It is sort of like starting to paint on a blank canvas, only my brush and palette colors  are my life experiences to be told.




As I wait patiently to be discovered as either a brilliant blogger or someone definitely in need of psychiatric counseling, it is both comforting and reassuring that many others here can actually relate to me.  I mean, it is not like I have some kind of reckless abandonment of RL that takes me into the world of Second Life.  On the contrary, for I see SL as an extension to my creative passions, and making friends along the way here.  


I look at SL as an attribute and more as an opportunity to turn people to look away from the negative that life often throws at us and use my self-deprecating brand of sick humor as a means to laugh about our lives as we travel through life. 

SL also allows us to show our dreams to others with guarded enthusiasm. Although my enthusiasm sometimes gets the best of me (here as well as in RL), nonetheless I believe that my message to everyone is basically about enjoying those around us  and to never take them for granted because life is so very short.  Second Life is, in a way, is one of those very threads that ties us together, realizing just how precious life truly is.


FASHION



One of my favorite venues here in Second Life is fashion.  As a young girl, I grew up having several Barbies in my room and would often have my own fashion show events and create drama along the way, not knowing that one day I would grow up to become a diva myself. LOL.  But seriously, I can say without hesitation that I do love the fashion trends and statements that are created here as sort of a opium to satisfy my innate needs to wear wonderful clothing without breaking my real life piggy bank.


My love and passion here in SL for fashion often makes me look at my RL ensembles by comparisons.  But, I must say that, after looking at the vast quantities and styles of designers here in SL, I often wonder how many of them actually flunked their high school or college anatomy classes.  

Much of the fashion here in SL is about promoting sex as we all know. On the other hand, there are many serious designers here that really understand the fashion world and inspire to bring the latest fashion trends into second life and thus contribute to our quality of life here as we know it. 


I do believe that we are only limited only by our talents, that they have to be nurtured and explored, and that we must take them as far as we seek to go with them in life. I think that we should use everything God gave us.


RELATIONSHIPS


Many men that I come into contact with here in SL I find as a source for my writing.  I love to yammer, joust and flirt with them whenever I can. 

“Ah, Yes. So many Men…So little Time..”  LOL.  



When it comes to relationships here in SL, we are all born to be attracted. Much of what we experience here is driven by hormones, which will always be present in men who are interested in us. But obviously not all men are the same. I have been asked what I feel are the most important things that I look for  in a guy.  Well, I believe that the perfect man for me is the guy who can override the effects of his hormones intellectually. 


In RL I like to look into a man's eyes.  Nice eyes are important as the window to his soul. It is also important to me that he possesses clean teeth because it means that he has good hygiene. A man also has to have that clean-showered smell.  


Cologne is okay as long that it is not overpowering - just a subtle dab for me goes a long way.   A guy also has to possess a good personality, a good sense of humor (laughing at all of my jokes of course), polite and understanding, respectful to me and my parents, and caring for what I have to say and a good listener. 

Listening scores high marks on my Beck-o-Meter.

Too much to ask for you think?  Well, I firmly believe that there are a whole bunch of men out in this world that are good & decent men, who are well-meaning and who treat women with respect.
 I remain an optimist. 

They do exist.   

We do still have a lot of sexism in our society and sadly women are often seen as less valuable in a lot of ways. Nothing like what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes in China however or for that matter in many places in the Middle East.  For that I am grateful to live in a Western Civilization. 



But, men don’t necessarily know what makes the female brain tick. Take this You Tube Video as a good example:





But seriously - go for whatever you are attracted to.  Decent guys do exist here. But if you have been hurt enough times and that all of what attracts you is gone, then find a nice girl. Bottom line, do what makes you happy.

RELIGION 



I believe in God, the creator of our universe.  What draws me to my conclusion that there is a God is how infinitesimal the universe is, yet precisely structured. I remember doing my graduate work and researching the design work by Charles and Ray Eames.  


With their work now cataloged and in the Smithsonian Institute, Charles and Ray Eames are among the most prolific American designers of the twentieth century. They are best known for their groundbreaking contributions to architecture, furniture design (e.g., the Eames Chair), industrial design and manufacturing, and the photographic arts. 

But one thing that has always captured my attention was an early film they produced called "Powers of Ten" back in the 1970s. That film showed me how dynamically perfect our universe is from the tiniest atom to the largest galaxy.





THE SL TIME CAPSULE

The experience here in SL is great fun for me but it has to be tempered against RL. 

As everyone experiences here, we have to both balance and budget our time here in SL so as to not let it collide and interfere with that of our RL.

That is where I as well make the definite distinction in priority. 



This experience here in SL is great fun for the most part.  But, in order to write I have to rely not so much on being hidden behind a closed door (as many do here btw) but more about “defenestration. “  You know, the act of throwing someone or something out of a window so that you can focus on writing from my “alpha” state - which for me is a form of meditation.

Becky Da' Boop with Da' Scoop
I hope that most everyone will continue to enjoy my chronicles of Second Life's delightful absurdities.  If you would like me to comment on something that amuses you about your experiences here in SL, please do knock, knock!  

No comments:

Post a Comment